King of the Hill is a minecraft plugin designed to resemble the popular King of the Hill combative experience. The objective of this game is to control a small location known as the hill. The hill is a rotating area which cycles through configurable locations. Both red and blue teams try to assert dominance of the hill to score points. The first team to reach a certain score wins. Have fun using the plugin! Any features or bug requests would be greatly appreciated if you let me know here.
- As many arenas as your <3 desires
- Create your own configurable and diverse classes
- Per-class and per-arena permissions
- Rotating hills with dynamic capabilities such as configurable timers, sizes, shapes, etc.
- Extensive Developer API
- Auto-Updater notifications and commands (both can be toggled)
- Seven incredibly fun abilities for you to play around with.
- Isolated chatting features
- Configurable sidebar scoreboards that display lots of arena information.
- One-life gamemode support
- Spectating, Lobbies and end-warps are all part of the fun!
- Per-player and per-arena stats-tracking
- Fully functional economy support (with Vault) - Prizes
- Killstreaks and Winstreaks
- Easy to setup
- And so much more!
To get started using King of the Hill, you will need to download one of the JAR files and throw it in your plugins directory. You can read a quick tutorial on installing King of the Hill.
Once the plugin has been loaded, you need to create your very own arena if you haven't done so already. Take a gander at the in-progress Arena Setup page to become an expert at setting up arenas. After you finish setup, you and your friends are ready to play!
Thank you to Numero Uno for making this video tutorial.
All players with permission koth.admin.update or koth.admin will receive updates whenever a new file is updated. However, you may disable this in the config.yml file by changing 'check-for-updates' to false. Additionally, if 'check-for-updates' is true, and 'update-cmds' is true, you may use /koth update in-game to update to the newest version, provided an update is available. The auto-updater is not intrusive in any way and simply allows me to push updates to as many users as quickly as possible, but if you feel uncomforted by it you may disable it as you wish :)
The death of Bukkit; what does this mean for KotH?
As many are aware of, Bukkit has gone through recent turmoil and is dying; I will not digress into details about this. But, what does this mean for this plugin? Future development supporting Bukkit has halted in this uncertain time period. Likely, this plugin will be ported and support the very new and popular successor to Bukkit, Sponge. Sponge is built by many of your favorite plugin devs and Bukkit contributors, and uses the Forge API as a backbone.
I work on this plugin in my free time. If you appreciate the plugin, please consider donating to me and help me boost my $0.05/day wage by clicking the button. In return, you will receive my eternal gratitude. <3
- Date created
- Dec 27, 2013
- Last update
- Aug 14, 2014
- Development stage
- MIT License
- Curse link
- King of the Hill
- Recent files