ItemRules is a simple to use, but highly configurable plugin for controlling how, when and even where items and blocks can be used, picked up, crafted, placed or broken based on the world, a players xp level, the faction they are in, their mcMMO skill level, their rank/group, their permissions, and more. It is a complete rewrite/revisioning of my previous plugin LevelRestrictions
ItemRules can allow you to restrict items and blocks based on XP level and/or will integrate with Factions (e.g. allow only certain factions to use certain items), McMMO (e.g. restrict ores from being mined unless mining skill is a minimum level), Vault (e.g. restrict weapons based on permission group).
ItemRules will also allow you to configure certain rules that will be applied when players walk into defined regions (e.g. a PvP zone that only allows you to use carrots as weapons)
- Click here for details on configuring basic rules.
- Click here for details on configuring rules that only apply to specified areas.
Here is an example of restricting iron tools and equipment until player is level 2:
ironEquipment: description: 'Use of iron stuff until level 2' messages: restricted: 'You cant %s %s until level 2' actions: [USE, BREAK, PICKUP] xp: min: 2 items: restrict: [256, 257, 258, 267, 292]
Here is an example of McMMO integration that prevents cutting down Birch trees until woodcutting skill is level 2:
Woodcutting-Brichwood: messages: restricted: 'You cant cut birch until woodcutting 2' actions: [BREAK] mcmmo: skills: woodcutting: 2 items: restrict: ['17.2']
You can also specify rules to apply to groups (note this requires Vault) by adding this to your rule:
groups: applyto: ['newbs', 'badpeeps']
You can use the same format to exclude rules from groups (using Vault) like:
groups: exclude: ['vips']
Note that by default all OP's will bypass rules.
|itemRules.bypass.*||Do not process ANY rules for player|
|itemRules.bypass.RULENAME||Do not process specific rule for player|
|/rules||[playername]||list all rules currently applied to player. No arguments for self|
- v1.0.9 - Jun 21st, 2013
- Silent exception handling when Entity attacks player with an invalid item.
- v1.0.8 - Feb 18th, 2013
- Fixed potential issue with groups and perms not applying correctly.
- v1.0.6 - Feb 17th, 2013
- Fixed bug with certain manual rules not properly applying.
- Changed Item text to use Vault if installed.
- v1.0.5 - Feb 9th, 2013
- Changed permission check to prefer Vault (if installed) over Bukkit.
- Bugs zapped
- v1.0.3 - Feb 9th, 2013
- Changes mcMMO skill type checks to take advantage of their new api accepting strings instead of data types.
- v1.0.2 - Jan 30th 2013
- Added support for mcMMO versions with build newer than #1282 ( Jan 22nd 2013). Otherwise, same exact build.
- Date created
- Jan 27, 2013
- Last update
- Jun 27, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files