Essentials offers over 100 commands and features useful on just about every server.
Our major features include:
- Player kits and first join kits
- Item metadata spawning, including enchantments, names and book support
- Easy player to player teleports, including teleport requests.
- Single or multiple homes
- Warp locations with sign support
- Full chat and nickname customisation
- Full moderator control, with feature such as muting, jailing and temp banning
- Economy support, including shop signs and command costs
- Full permission based build control, with the ability to block certain items
- Core world protection, allowing you to block explosions, fire spread and other catastrophes!
We recommend visiting the wiki links below to find out more about the different packages, commands and permissions available.
Due to the restraints of DBO, we are unable to offer our old download links, including the link for GroupManager.
Visit our wiki to find our CI server and how to become a beta tester.
When downloading Essentials, be sure to check the supported game version. Due to how slow Bukkit is to get to Recommend builds after Minecraft release, we may begin releasing 'Release' builds when the Bukkit release is still in Beta.
Need more information?
- Essentials Wiki
- Command Reference, click command to expand info
- Command Permissions
- Development Builds / PreRelease Builds / CI
- GitHub / Source code
- Live Chat (IRC) - First stop for help! - During off-peak hours, please wait before leaving!
- Feature requests, Suggestions and Issues
Quote from Essentials:
Essentials is currently developed and maintained by KHobbits and snowleo. Group Manager is maintained by ElgarL.
Many thanks to the other major developers and contributors over the years:
Zenexer, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, ceulemans, necrodoom, ementalo, okamosy, khyperia, Iaccidentally, md_5, GunfighterJ, kukelekuuk00, chrisgward, Skylexia and Andrewkm (EcoCityCraft).
Check the commit list at github for all names.
We have rolling releases, the second number in our version number changes if there is a new Minecraft or major Bukkit update. We only support the recommended versions of Bukkit.
If you have problems, check if you have the newest versions of Bukkit and Essentials first. In many cases the problem has already been fixed.
Over 9,000,000 downloads since May 2011!
- What does each jar do?
- How do I disable parts of Essentials?
- How to get help?
- Update tracking
- Notes to plugin authors
- Help support
- Join the team!
- Help translate Essentials
- Contribute code to Essentials
The Essentials project is maintained by a team of developers in their free time. The amount of time we spend improving on this project is down to personal motivation, we do not get paid to keep this updated. If you find Essentials is an essential part of your server, or has made your life easier, please consider giving us a donation to help keep the project alive.
Thanks go to our top 10 donators:
- Andrewkm - Server owner, EcoCityCraft
- Skylexia - Friend
- X-Rob - Server owner, Minecraft Australia
- TheFarmerNL - Server owner, Minevival.com
- DarkShimy - Server owner, MinePod.fr
- Stickmenz - Server owner, RealmCraft
- Murga - Server owner, SteelCraft
- Svesken - Server owner, Sensationcraft.info
- Crueldog - Server owner - Curelmc
- R_O_C_K_Y - Server owner, Hardcore's Minecraft Servers
Learn by example
@Samkio and xTorrent made a great YouTube video explaining what Essentials is, its different parts, and how to install it.
This plugin sends statistics about the usage to the server http://mcstats.org/. You can disable it using the command /essentials opt-out.
- Date created
- Aug 25, 2011
- Last update
- Feb 23, 2014
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files