Dynamically adjust drop rates based on how frequently a mob is killed compared to other mobs on the server. For every point a mob's drop rate falls, another mob's rate goes up to compensate. This gradual effect results in diminishing returns on heavily farmed mobs and encourages players to hunt less popular mobs.
- When a mob is killed, their drop rate is reduced. A random mob's drop rate is increased to compensate.
- The sum drop rate of all mob stays at 100%, no worry of unbalancing the game.
- Experience and items can each be toggled for rate manipulation.
- Ability to blacklist items from being affected by the modified drop rate.
- Ability to blacklist worlds from tracking mobs in.
- Ability to affect only player kills, natural deaths can go unmodified.
- Select which mob types to track. Default hostiles, can also add passive mobs to the config.
- A minimum rate that mobs can drop to.
- Java 6+
- A permissions plugin.
- Add the dynamicdroprate.jar to your server.
- Start the server.
- /ddr: List commands.
- /ddr list: List the drop rates of affected mobs.
- /ddr reload: Reload the plugin.
- /ddr version: Get the version running.
- /ddr resetstats: Reset the stats on all mobs.
- /ddr equalize: equalize mob sum to 100%, sometimes it moves off slightly.
- ddr.admin: Grants the following permissions
- ddr.list: List mobs
- ddr.reload: Reload the plugin
- ddr.version: Show the version.
- ddr.reset: Reset stats.
- ddr.equalize: equalize sum to 100%.
- db-type: DB type to use, default 'sqlite' (no setup nessesary), 'mysql' also available (login needed below)
- permission-default: Permissions default setting, op/notop/true/false
- check-new-version: Check for new version on startup.
- async-db-queries: Run database queries on separate thread. Reduces lag when accessing the database.
- rate-change: Percentage increased/decreased droprate each death.
- debug-messages: Spammy debug messages to see what the plugin's doing.
- affect-exp: Modify exp drop amounts.
- affect-drops: Modify item drop amounts.
- only-affect-player-kills: Only change rates on player kills.
- save-frequency: How often in seconds to save rates to database. (it also saves on shutdown)
- mysql: Typical Mysql login info (if db-type is set to mysql).
- mobs: List of mobs to track. List of valid mobs.
- excluded-worlds: List of world names to exclude mobs from.
- excluded-items: List of item ids to exclude items from.
- minimum-rate: How low a rate can fall to. 0=0%, 0.2=20%, 0.5=50%.
Source code available here. Bitcoin donate: 1ACCdvHAS7mMpvJpj61ZyRQyfAEtfDyeKf
Have an issue or suggestion? Post a ticket.
- Date created
- Jan 11, 2013
- Last update
- Apr 04, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files