DotaMinecraft 2 is a fork of DotaMinecraft as it is no longer up to date so i have updated it to 1.4.7
- new method of joining teams. Type "/dota join" and you will be auto-assigned to a team.
- people with permission "dota.chooseteam" (default: false) can choose a team by typing "/dota join red" or "/dota join blue".
- teams - you cannot damage teammates
- spawn camping prevention - entering the enemy's spawn area will insta-kill you. (The spawn area is relatively small and makes up the room with *the beds.
- prevent item stealing - you cannot pick up ANY items in a 70 block radius of the enemy spawn.
- respawning - bed spawn locations are automatically set
- players cannot access dispensers
- block protection - prevent players from breaking or placing blocks
- inventories are cleared when joining the server and joining a team
- monsters no longer drop items, instead, you will be given the items the monster would have dropped if you were the one who did the last-hit
- players keep all items on death unless they die of drowning or lava - this can be disabled in the automatically generated config file.
- a message will be broadcast every time a tower is destroyed
- a message will be broadcast if a team wins
- the map will not be saved
- players cannot toggle switches until there is a player on the other team
- players get a stone sword, raw chicken, and a map on join as starting items. players who have previously joined the round will not get starting items again.
- Team chat - type "/t MESSAGE"
- players cannot access enemy chests.
- Type "/dota score" to see the scoreboard.
- Bukkit server with a server.properties already set for Minecraft DOTA. (view-distance=15)
- ONLY 1 WORLD - the dota world (excluding the automatically generated nether and the end)
- MultiVerse Core
Restarting the Game
The recommended way to restart the game requires players to have the "dota.restart" (default: true) permission and running "/dota restart". Basically this just shuts down the server. The world WILL NOT BE SAVED, so when it you restart it the world will be back to the way it was at the last load. For this to be feasible, you should also run a batch or bash script to automatically restart your server. A tutorial can be found under Editing Your Startup Script at http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/simple_restart/.
- 9 comments