When your players die, depending on how you have things set up, their items will be placed in a Dead Man's Chest for safekeeping. You can require that your players carry around chests and signs of their own at all times, or simply have the chests appear on death. You can also secure the chests with LWC or Lockette.
Some more info
- If the player is carrying a chest when they die, place that chest and fill it with as much of their inventory as possible
- If the player is allowed, and is carrying two chests, a large chest will spawn to catch all of their inventory
- Possible for specific groups/players to be given free chests with no need to carry one with them
- Any items that won't fit in the chest will still drop to the ground!
- Supports SuperPerms, will default to allowing everyone to use basic TombStone if not available
- Supports LWC for chest AND sign protection if it is installed
- Supports Lockette for chest protection if it is installed
- Configurable timeout for LWC unprotection
- Configurable timeout for destruction of TombStones, works in unloaded chunks as well
- Quickloot support, right click the sign on a TombStone to loot all items in it (your chest only!)
- Place a sign on top of the chest stating the players name and time of death
- The ability to point your compass at your TombStone
- Customizable sign messages on the TombStone
- Admin commands for management
- If you are going to be giving your players a free chest/sign, but don't want them to be able to retrieve those as extra items, set the noDestroy option in the main config file.
- If you do set the noDestroy option, it is highly recommended that you set a timeout for TombStone removal, because even once LWC is disabled the chest is still not destroyable by any means other than quicklooting it or an admin with permissions breaking it.
- With noDestroy enabled, if a player dies without a sign, then their chest will be indestructible until it is removed by TombStone itself.
- It is not recommended to use the noDestroy option without the destroyQuickLoot option