DeathTpPlus announces a death with a random message based on the death cause and allows you to teleport to the point of death It can also create a TombStone at the place you died to let you save your inventory (aka DeadMansChest).You can also create a tomb sign which can be used as respawn point and as a place of information of how often you died and what your last death cause was.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to some issues with yaml you can get the following error: unacceptable character '?' " in the log, The fix is to remove the ä atm from the default messages and if you have custom messages to remove any of them using special characters. Sorry about that!
How does it work?
Take a look at how it works.. Videos
Also take a look at this picture to know what I'm talking about in the config file and on these pages
PLEASE NOTE: Mung3r is taken over from here, he did already help me a lot and is willing to keep this plugin updated. THANKS a lot
- SuperPerms (Note: Permissions have changed from < 3.0 for the deathtp commands!)
- Vault for all economies!
- LWC (for Chest and Sign Protection of Tombstones)
- Lockette (for Chest and Sign Protection of Tombstones)
- DynMap (for displaying Tombs, TombStones and Last Deathlocations on your map)
- Metrics for more information about it
- CraftIRC is back
- Use /deathtp to teleport back to where you died.
- Optional: Charge a player an item to teleport (must be in the player's hand).
- Optional: Vault support for economies
- Customizable messages for every kind of death.
- Supports multiple messages per kind of death, chosen randomly when someone dies.
- Custom colors per message.
- PvP messages that show the attacker as well as what they killed with. Item names have been cleaned up to look pretty.
- Optional: Show deathsigns where someone died and how they died.
- Create a TombStone where you die and save your inventory.
- Highly Configurable via Permissions
- More Info on the TombStone Page
- Create a Tomb Sign which holds the following information: The name of the player, the number of times he died and what was the last cause.
- Can be used as respawn point after death
- There can be more than one Tomb
- You can configure if the respawn point is based upon the world the player is in or across worlds
- More Info on the Tomb Page
- Streaks (Show a custom message when someone has killed a custom set of people or died a custom amount of times.)
- DeathLogs (Show the total number of times somebody died)
- MultiKills (Well... you know.... quake style... no sound though :-) )
- More Info on the DeathTpPlus Page
Don't want one of the features? No worries! Just disable it in the config file and it'll be like that feature isn't in the plugin at all! The file IOs aren't called and neither are the methods used for those features. Worried about performance? Don't be!
- Upload the DeathTpPlus.jar file into your plugins directory.
- Start your server or do a reload
- Configure the config.yml file in your plugins/DeathTpPlus/
- Change the deathmessages and tombmessages to your liking, if you have some good ones post them here!
- Give the permissions to use certain commands or features
- Restart your server or do a reload to read changed config
Further Information like permissions, configuration and commands
- Upcoming Features
- Updates to RB of CB
- Q: Colors are not working correctly in messages, what is wrong?
A: If you are using Essentials Chat turn that off, otherwise you need to live with it or ask Essentials Teams why that happens.
- Q: What does "expected <block end>, but found Scalar" in my log messages mean?
A: Probably you forgot to use \" or ' to get a "
- Q: I see a killed by X message but I did use /suicide from essentials or similar.
A: This is a bug of the other plugin not setting the death cause correctly. Nothing I can do. Sorry.
- Q: If I die in a cave or in nether and use /deathtp I will teleport back to the place I died but on top of the world
A: Change teleportToHighestBlock: true to false but read the comments first in the config.
- Q: Could you support RegionPlugin XYZ?
A: Not until a general API similar to Vault for economics comes out. I will support region plugins I use myself.
- Q: Can I help you?
A: Sure, you can try the most recent dev-build... should be in sync with the github issues!!!
official 1.3.1 release, no changes to 184.108.40.2062
changed new commands to dtptop and dtpreport with aliases for report and top
fixed a ClassCastException, top works in console now
fix for EventException caused by ConcurrentModificationException
fix for Failed to edit death log: java.lang.Exception: Failed to rename death log.
- 220.127.116.112 (pulled)
npe fix during start
class cast fix
added CraftIRC back again
"top" and "report" command
sounds for spout clients
periodic saving of death log files
fixed issue with logging death twice
fixed issue #80 where broadcast would show in world2 if you set it only to broadcast in world
lot of internal stuff
More changes can be found here.
Table of contents
- 1 DeathTpPlus
- 2 IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to some issues with yaml you can get the following error: unacceptable character '?' " in the log, The fix is to remove the ä atm from the default messages and if you have custom messages to remove any of them using special characters. Sorry about that!
- 3 PLEASE NOTE: Mung3r is taken over from here, he did already help me a lot and is willing to keep this plugin updated. THANKS a lot
- 4 Supports
- 5 DeathTP
- 6 DeathNotify
- 7 TombStone
- 8 Tomb
- 9 Other stuff
- 10 Install
- 11 Further Information like permissions, configuration and commands
- 12 Bugs
- 13 Todo
- 14 FAQ
- 15 Thanks
- 16 Changelog
- Date created
- Oct 05, 2011
- Last update
- Aug 14, 2012
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files