Yeah, yeah I died. I'll just respawn. What is this? I can't do anything!?
Death can be extremely boring. Why not make your players become ghosts when they die? This can also be a better solution for hardcore servers, instead of them being banned for a number of hours. You can still ban them if they die too much with this plugin.
Being a ghost
When a player dies, they either teleport to a location defined by somebody who can change the spawn or to their spawn. They're now a ghost for a predefined time. A ghost can't do much. All he or she can really do is chat to other ghosts or people that have the deathpenalty.hearghosts permission.
- Break blocks
- Damage players and mobs
- Be seen by non-ghosts
- Execute commands
- Open chests and doors, use brewing stands and enchanting tables, etc
- Take damage
Credit for the idea goes to xeNium on the forums!
There aren't many permissions, but they work with PermissionsEx, PermissionsBukkit and probably other permissions plugins.
|deathpenalty.hearghosts||Allows or disallows the player to listen to ghosts speak when he or she is not a ghost|
|deathpenalty.changespawn||Allows or disallows the player from changing the spawn for ghosts|
|deathpenalty.ignore||Makes a player not become a ghost when they die if this is true|
|deathpenalty.resurrect||Allows a player to resurrect other players (admins do not get this by default)|
|deathpenalty.see||Allows a player to see ghosts when not a ghost; Operators get this by default|
|deathpenalty.add||Allows a player to add lives for other players|
|ghostTime||How long a player will be a ghost for (in seconds) when they die|
|usePermissions||Whether or not to use permissions. If this is false, only admins can change the spawn and hear other ghosts.|
|cakeAmount||The amount to reduce a ghost's time when a player eats cake (they may only do this once when they're a ghost). If this value is 0, it will not heal any.|
|disablePortals||Enable or disable a ghost from using end and nether portals|
|ghostsFly||Makes players able to fly when they are in ghost form. This switches the game mode to creative, but they can not keep the items when they are made a normal player again.|
|lives||Number of lives a player has before they become a ghost again|
|maxGhostTimes||Number of times a player may become a ghost before they are banned (doesn't do anything unless banOnGhostLifeDepletion is enabled); Set this to 0 if you don't want to use the banning system.|
|banTime||How long (in seconds) a player is banned when their ghost times are depleted and banOnGhostLifeDepletion is enabled|
|permaGhost||Whether or not ghosts are permanently ghosts|
- dp setghostspawn
- Sets the spawning location for players when they die and become ghosts. This command may be executed only by a player.
- dp setafterghostspawn
- Sets the spawning location for a ghost when he or she is made a normal player again. This may be executed only by a player.
- dp resurrect <player>
- Resurrects the player if he or she is a ghost. The executor must have the permission or be the console. Operators (admins) don't get this by default. This can be executed from the console, however.
- dp unban <player>
- Unbans a player if they are banned due to depleting their ghost times. This may be run from only the console.
- dp addlife <player>
- Adds life to a player (does not increase past the maximum set in the configuration); The permission node deathpenalty.add is required to run this command. Otherwise, it can be run from the console.
- dp fixghosts
- Forces ghosts to become hidden. This is best used for when you reload permissions and you changed a player's deathpenalty.see permission and reload. If you use the server reload command, you don't need to use this.
- dp reload
- Reloads the configuration from the file.
- Shows a ghost how much time they have before resurrection. If a player is not a ghost, nothing will appear.
Add a feature so that when a ghost eats cake, their incorporeal time is decreased. Add a feature to allow ghosts to fly but still not do anything Fix an issue where ghosts are not hidden from players Have a certain number of lives before you become a ghost. Add a ghost lives system where if you become a ghost too many times, you become banned for a certain period of time.
- Have separate permissions for ghosts
- Date created
- Mar 12, 2012
- Last update
- Apr 22, 2012
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files