- No databases. In-game signs only.
- Super permissions support ONLY.
- Protects any type of furnace, dispenser, chest, door, trapdoor, cauldron, enchantment table, or brewing stand.
- Broadcast specific admin actions to those with "deadbolt.broadcast.xxx"
- Denies explosions, pistons, and redstone from circumventing protection
- Timed doors, [Timer:#], that toggle after a certain delay
- Server-wide protected blocks, use [Everyone] on line 3 or 4
- Modular plugin hooking system, add your own easily
- Compatible with Lockette
- Optional sign coloring
- Localization support
As this is a Lockette-type plugin, also similar to Alerter or BlockLock, things may seem similar. This plugin was originally created as a continuation of Lockette by Acru to add trapdoor support and other recent developments. Portions of this project were reverse engineered from Lockette and the original idea for a sign-based locking system still belongs with Acru. Credit where credit is due. As this only supports super permissions, if you need a plugin that is more backwards compatible with older configurations, you may want to look at Lockette.
If you have another plugin such as Cenotaph or ChestShop3 that you have integrated with Lockette and would rather use Deadbolt instead, I have created a LocketteSimulator that will allow you to use Deadbolt.
Check GitHub for the most recent files, there is a slight delay in getting files posted here authorized by the staff.
Place a sign next to the item you want to protect and type in the following
- Line 1: [Private]
- Line 2: Your name will be automatically filled, users with "deadbolt.admin.create" can specify someone else.
- Lines 3 and 4: You have a couple options for these lines
- Another player's name
- Unrestricted access via [Everyone] while preventing breaking
- Create an automatic timed door using [Timer:1] through [Timer:9]
Not enough room for all the names you need? Make another sign with the [More Users] on line 1
For ease of use in maintaining your signs without having to break them:
- Right click the sign to select it.
- Use "/deadbolt <line number> <text>" to directly modify that line.
When placing signs, valid locations are to the NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, and WEST of the target block.
Other valid blocks include:
- Doors: The blocks above and below.
- Trapdoors: The block that it is attached to (hinge-block) and directly above/below the trapdoor itself.
- Fence gates: Any block horizontally adjacent to the gate itself.
Use your imagination and hide those unsightly signs under walls.
Also, color is now available! Just add "deadbolt.user.color" and use &1-9,a-f in your sign.
DeadboltListener is a new system designed to incorporate your favorite plugin directly into Deadbolt.
To create your own or to view Deadbolt's static API, head over to the Developer's Corner
Currently available for download
- PermissionsBukkit, PermissionsEx, bPermissions, GroupManager
[TownName] [NationName] (All residents) +TownName+ +NationName+ (Assistant/Mayor only) 4 Config options: mayor,assistant,wilderness overrides.
Have a completed localization? Drop me a link to it and Ill add it to the repository.
Once added, it is available for automatic downloading by changing the "language" setting in config.yml.
The following issues are known:
- Double timer doors are broken
- Force coloring of Signs placed directly onto walls is broken.
- Vertical trapdoor chaining has been removed because it was only half implemented
- Date created
- Sep 03, 2011
- Last update
- Jun 23, 2014
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Reverse relationships
- Recent files