SoundCenter - Music, Sound Effects, Webradio and Voice Chat for Minecraft!
SoundCenter (formerly CustomMusic) allows you to set music boxes or regions that stream your own music, sound effects or webradio to all players in realtime. It also implements a simple voice chat for Minecraft.
To use the features that SoundCenter offers, you and everyone who wants to hear music and voice chat must use the SoundCenter client, which is running on
www.sound-center.com. You do not have to download or install anything. The client is running as a java applet on the website. You will get a message with a link to the client when you join the server. When you follow this link, the client will automatically connect. - Could not be easier.
Here's a video that shows how to use the plugin (Thanks to @jithins):
- You can set imaginary jukeboxes, cuboid areas or worlds and biomes as music stations
- You can also use WorldGuard regions as stations
- Stations can either play your own music/ sound effects, or webradio streams
- You can use a command or the client to play songs for yourself, all players in a world, or all players on the server
- You can use any supported audio file that is stored on a public webserver. Filehosters like DropBox will work as well.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, for webradio also OGG
- Everything is easily and intuitively managable with the client's user interface
- Every feature is configurable
- You can limit access with permissions
- Voice chat
- SoundCenter adds a simple voice chat to your Bukkit server
- You can speak locally (only players that are not far from you can hear you. Volume depends on their distance)
- But you can also speak globally (The whole server can hear you)
- You can disable voice chat on your server if you don't like this feature
- many more to come
How does it work?
Okay so I have SoundCenter installed on my server, what can I do now? It's easy: When you login to your server, you will see a message with a link to www.sound-center.com. When you follow this link, the SoundCenter client will load and automatically fill in the required information to connect to your server. Now you can add songs in the "Music" tab, or add stations in the "Stations" tab. Boxes, areas or WorldGuard regions can be created ingame via /sc set <area|box|wgregion>. That's easier, because the box will be created at your coordinates. You can edit all properties of your stations by pressing the "Edit Station" button in the "Stations" tab.
For detailed instructions on how to install or use the commands visit www.sound-center.com.
- Server-Admins (Plugin for server)
- Minecraft players (Required for everyone who wants to hear the music)
How to use
F. A. Q.
Before you ask a question, take a look at the frequently asked questions.
- Date created
- Nov 05, 2011
- Last update
- Dec 29, 2014
- Development stage
- GNU Lesser General Public License version 3 (LGPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files