Current Version: 2.3.3
Recommended Build: 1317
What is this?
Yes, this is yet another MOTD-Plugin. What makes it different from all the other plugins? Every rank can now have a different MOTD, and you can replace some words in the motd file with variables as described further down. For this to work, you need Permission 3.1.6 by TheYeti.
- A different MOTD for every rank
- Set the MOTD ingame
Variables, Commands and Examples
- %(Number between 0 - 15)% - The color according to the Bukkit color codes
- %online% - A comma separated list of online players
- %admin% - A comma separated list of online admins/ops
- %name% - The name of the player
- %mode% - The player mode (Survival or creative)
- %rank% - The rank of the player
- %time% - Server local time
- %news% - Text read from a news.txt file
- %n% - Newline
The news file supports all the variables, too, though you don't need to put in the %n% newline seperators in anymore - Simply pressing "enter" is enough
- /motd - Displays MOTD
- /motd set [Rank] [Message] - Sets the MOTD for the specified rank - motd.admin.set
- /motd set Default [Message] - Sets the default MOTD - if it does not find the group in the properties file, it should return this MOTD instead
Remember, you can also edit the properties file yourself. The syntax for that is [Group] = [Message]. Save it and you are done.
Some random %1%multiline news here, %name%
/motd set Admin %4%Welcome, %name%. Servertime is %time% and the following users are online right now: %6%%n% %online% %n%%8% News: %n% %news%
(Note that this might be too long to type ingame)
Will produce the following output if Derp logs in as an admin:
Welcome, Derp. Servertime is 13:00 and the following users are online right now:
Derp, Herpaderp123, TehUberHerp
news here, Derp
In the motd.properties file
Default = Welcome, %name%. Your rank is %rank%.%n%Online admins: %admin% %n%Online players: %online% %n% %news%
Will produce the following output is anyone who isn't an admin logs on:
Welcome, DerpGam3r. Your rank is TheGame.
Online admins: Derp
Online players: Derp,DerpGam3r, Herpaderp123, TehUberHerp
news here, DerpGam3r
Q: I get the following error:
Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to MOTD java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.nijiko.permissions.PermissionHandler.getPrimaryGroup(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String; ...
A: Please make sure that you are using TheYetis permissions plugin, it is the only one supported for now.
Q: Will there ever be support for other permission systems?
A: Yes, when I figure out how to get the groups with other plugins.
- Updated to RB 1317
- Updated to latest Permissions version
- Updated to RB 1240
- Updated to RB 1185
- Added %mode% - displays if player uses creative or survival mode
- Fixed exception when no admin was online
- Changed a mistake in the versioning
- Other fixes
- Updated to RB 1060
- Fixed bug that would throw an exception when not enough arguments were passed for /motd set
- Should give a warning if it does not detect a permissions plugin. There might be some problems with an outdated version, though
- Set default MOTD with /motd set Default [Message]
- Initial release
- 5 comments
- Date created
- Sep 06, 2011
- Last update
- Oct 12, 2011
- Development stage
- CreativeCommons (Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0)
- Curse link
- Recent files