Keep your Server/Plugins up to date
After the plugin detect a new build, it download to bukkit_update in the main-Folder. After that you must stop your server and copy the craftbukkit.jar from bukkit_update to your main-Folder.
After Version 1.4 I support plugins if a new version found it download to build_update/plugins. After that stop your server and copy/move the new files to your plugin-Folder
This is no autoupdater, it only download the new Version do the update-Folder, the user have to copy the files. On this way, he know which plugins he update and can check if he like to update.
I recommend to save your old craftbukkit.jar/plugin before update. Not all builds from CraftBukkit work correctly.
Download the newest build to build_update Config-File in plugins/CraftBukkitUpToDate/CraftBukkitUpToDate.properties
- to enable/disable automatic download
- updateChannel (to choose between rb, beta or dev)
- set craftBukkitName (Default: craftbukkit.jar)
- deactivate pluginLog
- deactivate craftBukkitUpdateCheck
- blacklist to add Plugins, you don't want to update (blacklist=test1.jar;test2.jar)
- deactivate automatic pluginUpdateCheck
- deactivate serverLog if new Version available (broadcastOnlyToOps=true) Check for update in a configurable period.
- Configurable in CraftBukkitUpToDate.properties in milliseconds lowest value is 24 hours standard is 24 hours Broadcast if new update available (To all Ops, or via Permissions).
- Configurable in CraftBukkitUpToDate.properties default value is true
- Additional Plugin-Dirs to check (if you have a dir additionalPlugins in your Bukkit-Folder add additionalPluginDirs=additionalPlugins/)
Command to start plugin-Check, to start type /uptodate plugin
Command to start the update-Check, to start type /uptodate update
All commands work also at Server-Console type only craftbukkituptodate or uptodate without /
Automaticly download new updates for Plugins
- Download new updates in build_update/plugins
- plugin.properties with links to the plugins, this one download automaticly if a new one at my server
Pail Gui-Support check Thread for more infos
Permissions/GroupManager is optional else only ops can use the commands. Available permission nodes are (case sensitive):
- craftbukkituptodate.broadcast - these users get a message if a new build available
- craftbukkituptodate.plugin - these users can use plugin-Command
- craftbukkituptodate.update - these users can use the update-Command
For Linux-User, if you like to move your new plugins automaticly, try the script from Myx0x3: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...ugins-up-to-date-400.5026/page-10#post-122380
or for more features use the one from Tealk: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/linux-server-startscript-menu/
or use the Bukkit-Build-In: You can configured it by yourself, all you must do is to open the bukkit.yml and change the update-folder to ../bukkit_update/plugins. I don't recommend this, because all plugins updated automaticly without any user-interactions.
My Plugin didn't supported, how i get it to work with CButD?
There are three ways, you have to make only one of them:
1. Add it to http://dev.bukkit.org/. Your link should be like the jar-File-Name if your jar-File example.jar your link on dev.bukkit.org should be http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/example/. If not no problem you have two other options:
2. Add dev-url to your plugin.yml this should look like : dev-url: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/example/, please replace the url with your one, else it didn't work. Also you should know that only dev.bukkit.org-Urls works.
Here is a example plugin.yml:
name: Your name main: Your main class version: Your version dev-url: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/replace this with your url of dev-Bukkit/ commands: your command: description: descrition usage: /<command> <function> [buildnumber] aliases: [alias1, alias2]
3. If option 1 and option 2 didn't work for you let me know this and I add it to my plugin.properties. Please remember I only support dev.bukkit.org-Plugins.
Also you should know that your project at dev.bukkit.org should contain file-Downloads, else I have no chance to check for updates and download the newest version.
Need help or have any questions use the Forum: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/craftbukkituptodate/forum/
Did the plugin.properties update automaticly?
Yes, if a new one available it update automatic.
Did you download all plugins every time to check for updates?
No, I use the rss-Feed of dev-bukkit
Do you automatic update my plugins?
No I'm only download the new version to bukkit_update/plugins you have to copy them to your Plugin-Folder. I will never implement a autoupdater, you are the Admin and you have to choose which plugins you like to update. This is only a little help to do this.
How can I choose if between recommend and beta version?
In CraftBukkitUpToDate.properties set recommendedBuild=true, if you like the recommend Build, or recommendedBuild=false if you like the beta-Version.
Now that Bukkit supports a plugin update folder, will CBUTD add support for it, so we are able to run a /reload after CBUTD runs and have the updated plugins load?
Not by default. But you can configured it by yourself, all you must do is to open the bukkit.yml and change the update-folder to ../bukkit_update/plugins. I don't recommend this, because all plugins updated automaticly without any user-interactions.
Can I add additonal Plugin Folders that will be check if I like to deactivate a plugin but check for updates?
Yes, use the additionalPluginDirs-Option in the CraftBukkitUpToDate.properties
- Date created
- Aug 28, 2011
- Last update
- Jul 04, 2013
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Reverse relationships
- Recent files