CraftBook is a heavily customizable plugin that adds a number of new mechanics to Minecraft with no client mods required. As one of Minecraft's oldest mods/plugins, we were the first to bring you Minecraft computers, Redstone ICs, moving bridges, and more! Here's a short list:
- Modular, and extremely light on your server.
- Enable features that you need, disable ones that you don't. Even tweak features to your liking.
- Adds heaps of mechanics that allow you to mimic large portions of FTB/Tekkit with a vanilla client.
- Redstone ICs (Logic gates, Sensors, Many others)
- Elevators for your server so people can jump between floors quickly. (Or smoothly, if you choose so)
- Working cauldrons so players can cook inside them.
- Your own custom crafting recipes.
- Hidden switches for players.
- Togglable areas and bridges.
- Chairs you can sit on.
- Working pipes that can transfer items from place to place.
- Footprints where your players walk.
- Mobs and players drop their heads.
- The ability to bind commands to items, with cool-downs, permissions and timers.
- And much more... (Seriously, check the wiki)
Bukkit is currently required.
- Install WorldEdit first. (DON'T FORGET THIS)
- Install any other plugins required for specific features you want.
- Download CraftBook and copy the .jar into plugins/.
- Run your server once to generate the files.
- Edit plugins/CraftBook/config.yml to your liking, and enable anything you want to use.
Note: For optimal performance, only enable what you need. If you are running a version prior to 3.8.1, check the config to see if any features are enabled that you don't want.
- Restart the server for the settings to take effect.
You'll have to read the wiki (see below) to find the permissions you need.
For Permissions, Configuration, A list of features and more, check out the wiki
- Project leader: Contact Me4502 on Twitter
- Lead developers: Me4502, Dark_Arc
- Project started: On October 22nd 2010 (Bukkit was started January 2011)
- Use FalseBook? WIP FalseBook to CraftBook Converter: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/unfalsifier/
- Want CraftBook for singleplayer? Use this mod to allow plugins on SinglePlayer
- Official Minecraft Server: Come join us at play.devinemc.net
Quote from metrics:
We use metrics to collect stats! We only collect basic things such as version type, and players online. Visit mcstats.org if you would like to learn more about the stats collected. Go into /plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml to disable stat collecting if you wish.
Quote from auto updater:
We use an auto updater to check for updates! If you wish to disable it, set update-check: false in the config.yml file.
Quote from testimonials:
- CraftBook is an amazing plugin helping our users build amazing creative structures all over EcoCityCraft. Highly recommend this to other owners/communities. — andrewkm of EcoCityCraft
- CraftBook is great, we've used it for more than 3 years and we recommend it to everyone. — sawine of MineTown
Thank you to the following individuals and organizations (Any donation of $30 or over qualifies you for this list)
- All our donators - A list of donors is available here.
- BeastNode - BeastNode offers amazing Minecraft server and VPS packages for cheap prices with incredible hardware.
Want to support CraftBook yourself? The best way to thank us for working on CraftBook, is to donate. We greatly appreciate it!
Table of contents
- Date created
- Aug 25, 2011
- Last update
- Apr 14, 2014
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files