The great outdoors is all good and fine but sometimes you just want to go to town. Not any town will do, how about one that goes on forever or multiple ones separated by the largest mountains possible in MineCraft. But what is under those mountains? There is an entire world to explore, have fun!
If you like CityWorld, please consider donating via the Donate button in the upper right corner.
(sometimes there is a delay in getting the new version of the plugin through the approval process, if the above version isn't available check back in an hour or so... ...or possibly look here)
More pictures can be found here.
- Massive refactor to make CityWorld 1.7.x happy, I hope I found all the regressions. There isn’t a code file that didn’t change in someway.
- Isolated the magic values that are going away soon into a class called BlackMagic, this should make it easier to do the next update
- Due to numerous problems I have replaced the custom tree delegates
- I have removed all of the Tekkit specific code, it was causing a number of problems. I know it doesn’t sound possible but this increases the likelihood that CityWorld will work with Tekkit since it now doesn’t attempt to anything “clever”
- House roofs have been improved
- Farms now include every crop possible, including a few manually created ones
- A lot more foliage types (both trees and plants)
- Isolated buildings and cisterns should now be working again
- Added snowmen to SnowDune world and foliage to SandDune
- Decay now does not include debris that cannot be stack nicely (no more thin glass or carpet hanging about)
- Revamped bunkers and added an official but camouflaged way to get into them
- Added a way for server operators to know when a special lot is generated. Take a look at the output logs.
- Bunkers and tunnels play better with each other
- Started to work on a new world style called Astral but stopped to get this release out
- Still no furniture in the Houses, Bunkers or Sheds, sorry
- click here for more info...
Remember, if you aren't up for using the latest beta of Bukkit or the bugs from this one bother you too much, the older versions are still available.
It has been a while, sorry but my day job continues to be a bit crazy and is pretty much taking up all of my time. With the upcoming changes in 1.8, it is VERY possible that CityWorld will have to be rewritten quite a bit. I have taken the first step with this latest release, but there is still much that can happen. Only time will tell.
Index of useful info
- Installation... Start Here!
- Version info...
- Tools I used to make this...
This plugin really "tests" MineCraft/Bukkit when it comes to complex worlds. In fact when you spawn/teleport into a new CityWorld (or some wildly new location) it takes a while for all of the blocks to generate. This is especially obvious if you are flying around. Once the blocks are generated though everything works just fine. What I recommend is take a tour of your new world and just walk/fly up to each "uninitialized chunk" until everything shows up.
- Date created
- Sep 24, 2011
- Last update
- Jul 15, 2014
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files