There is a Spigot/Bukkit 1.8 nearly-happy version of CityWorld over at http://www.spigotmc.org/resources/cityworld.2250/. There is still much to do but its a start. :-)
The great outdoors is all good and fine but sometimes you just want to go to town. Not any town will do, how about one that goes on forever or multiple ones separated by the largest mountains possible in MineCraft. But what is under those mountains? There is an entire world to explore, have fun!
If you like CityWorld, please consider donating via the Donate button in the upper right corner.
(sometimes there is a delay in getting the new version of the plugin through the approval process, if the above version isn't available check back in an hour or so... ...or possibly look here)
More pictures can be found here.
- Maze world now works, what I was referring to as Zea earlier. Think: MazeRunner but without the bad acting. Give it a whirl, the Zombie servers out there should find this enjoyable. Still a work in progress, more to come
- For folks using Multiverse, try "mv create MazeWorld normal -g CityWorld:Maze". Other multiworld plugins will use a different syntax, see your plugin docs for more info.
- Fixed Floating's IncludeFloatingSubsurface option and documented it finally. If you set this to false then the world the cities are floating over won't be generated.
- Added a lot more stuff to Astral (buried cities, empty bases, abandoned saucers, strange forests, strange towers and much more...)
- Next up: Zea, along with some other customization suggested by you guys
Remember, if you aren't up for using the latest beta of Bukkit or the bugs from this one bother you too much, the older versions are still available.
It has been a while, sorry but my day job continues to be a bit crazy and is pretty much taking up all of my time. With the upcoming changes in 1.8, it is VERY possible that CityWorld will have to be rewritten quite a bit. I have taken the first step with this latest release, but there is still much that can happen. Only time will tell.
Index of useful info
- Installation... Start Here!
- Version info...
- Tools I used to make this...
This plugin really "tests" MineCraft/Bukkit when it comes to complex worlds. In fact when you spawn/teleport into a new CityWorld (or some wildly new location) it takes a while for all of the blocks to generate. This is especially obvious if you are flying around. Once the blocks are generated though everything works just fine. What I recommend is take a tour of your new world and just walk/fly up to each "uninitialized chunk" until everything shows up.
- Date created
- Sep 24, 2011
- Last update
- Dec 01, 2014
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files