The great outdoors is all good and fine but sometimes you just want to go to town. Not any town will do, how about one that goes on forever or multiple ones separated by the largest mountains possible in MineCraft. But what is under those mountains? There is an entire world to explore, have fun!
If you like CityWorld, please consider donating via the Donate button in the upper right corner.
(sometimes there is a delay in getting the new version of the plugin through the approval process, if the above version isn't available check back in an hour or so... ...or possibly look here)
More pictures can be found here.
- Tested against Minecraft 1.6.2, Bukkit 1.6.2-R0.1 and 1.6.1-R0.1. It should work against 1.6.2.R1 but generates a lot of deprecation warnings due to their, in my opinion, valid but premature attempt at removing "Magic Values".
- Added three more world styles
- Added latest Minecraft 1.6.2 materials
- Fixed (and likely added) bugs, one really nasty one made all the isolated buildings in the mountains not generate ...oh yea, while fixing that I added occasional camp sites out in the mountains
- For those who use PhatLoot, with help from Codisimus, I think it works now
- Still no furniture in the Houses, Bunkers or Sheds, sorry more info...
Remember, if you aren't up for using the latest beta of Bukkit or the bugs from this one bother you too much, the older versions are still available.
It has been a while, sorry but my day job continues to be a bit crazy and is pretty much taking up all of my time. Here is a 1.6.2 happy version with some stuff I have been toying with, specifically three more world styles. Due to changes in Bukkit 1.6.2 (lots of deprecated APIs), it is possible that CityWorld will have to be rewritten quite a bit. I am still investigating my options but it is very possible that I might start over from scratch... Only time will tell.
Index of useful info
- Installation... Start Here!
- Version info...
- Tools I used to make this...
This plugin really "tests" MineCraft/Bukkit when it comes to complex worlds. In fact when you spawn/teleport into a new CityWorld (or some wildly new location) it takes a while for all of the blocks to generate. This is especially obvious if you are flying around. Once the blocks are generated though everything works just fine. What I recommend is take a tour of your new world and just walk/fly up to each "uninitialized chunk" until everything shows up.
- Date created
- Sep 24, 2011
- Last update
- Sep 15, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files