The great outdoors is all good and fine but sometimes you just want to go to town. Not any town will do, how about one that goes on forever or multiple ones separated by the largest mountains possible in MineCraft. But what is under those mountains? There is an entire world to explore, have fun!
If you like CityWorld, please consider donating via the Donate button in the upper right corner.
(sometimes there is a delay in getting the new version of the plugin through the approval process, if the above version isn't available check back in an hour or so... ...or possibly look here)
More pictures can be found here.
- Fixed a bug where chests would be populated with ores instead of useful stuff
- Fixed a bug where trees would cause house roofs to generate oddly
- Re-textured the sewers to make them nicer to look at... a lot more spooky and "realistic"
- Re-textured the roads to make them nicer to look at... and make those darn ores quit showing up
- Continuing to work on Astral, feel free to visit but don't expect much yet. For folks using Multiverse try "mv create Astral normal -g CityWorld:Astral". Other multiworld plugins will use a different syntax, see your plugin docs for more info.
Remember, if you aren't up for using the latest beta of Bukkit or the bugs from this one bother you too much, the older versions are still available.
It has been a while, sorry but my day job continues to be a bit crazy and is pretty much taking up all of my time. With the upcoming changes in 1.8, it is VERY possible that CityWorld will have to be rewritten quite a bit. I have taken the first step with this latest release, but there is still much that can happen. Only time will tell.
Index of useful info
- Installation... Start Here!
- Version info...
- Tools I used to make this...
This plugin really "tests" MineCraft/Bukkit when it comes to complex worlds. In fact when you spawn/teleport into a new CityWorld (or some wildly new location) it takes a while for all of the blocks to generate. This is especially obvious if you are flying around. Once the blocks are generated though everything works just fine. What I recommend is take a tour of your new world and just walk/fly up to each "uninitialized chunk" until everything shows up.
- Date created
- Sep 24, 2011
- Last update
- Jul 15, 2014
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files