The great outdoors is all good and fine but sometimes you just want to go to town. Not any town will do, how about one that goes on forever or multiple ones separated by the largest mountains possible in MineCraft. But what is under those mountains? There is an entire world to explore, have fun!
There is a Spigot/Bukkit 1.8.8 happy version of CityWorld over at http://www.spigotmc.org/resources/cityworld.2250/. I am not going to be updating the version here on dev.bukkit.com, so go there for the latest.
More pictures can be found here.
- Built against MineCraft 1.8.8, Spigot XXX, WorldEdit 6.1.0, PhatLoots 4.1.0
- Fixed some generation issues related to subsurfaces in floating worlds, upside is now you have more options for it. See SubSurfaceStyle for option.
- Spigot 1.8.x seems to be double generating some chunks, put in code to avoid it happening. This was making Farms create really odd hybrid plants... like CactusRoses and FernGrass.
- Forgot to document tree styles. See TreeStyle for options.
- Fixed a bug that allowed worlds with decayed nature to have normal biomes, now their biomes are wholly set to desert.
- WARNING: WorldEdit itself has changed quite a bit, I haven't tried to update the CityWorld for the latest incarnation of WorldEdit. If it works, great. If not, it will eventually. SORRY
It has been a while, sorry but my day job continues to be a bit crazy and is pretty much taking up all of my time. In this most recent update CityWorld should now work against 1.8.8 to a large degree. Many things have changed with the latest MineCraft and Spigot/CraftBukkit, I would be surprised if no problems are hiding in here somewhere.
Index of useful info
- Installation... Start Here!
- Version info...
- Tools I used to make this...
This plugin really "tests" MineCraft/Bukkit when it comes to complex worlds. In fact when you spawn/teleport into a new CityWorld (or some wildly new location) it takes a while for all of the blocks to generate. This is especially obvious if you are flying around. Once the blocks are generated though everything works just fine. What I recommend is take a tour of your new world and just walk/fly up to each "uninitialized chunk" until everything shows up.
- Date created
- Sep 24, 2011
- Last update
- Dec 01, 2014
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files