Citizens is the original Bukkit NPC plugin, adding everything from simple NPCs that talk to lively, active Denizens, Sentries, Traders and more. Citizens contains a variety of toggleable characters and unlimited possibilities for expansion with the new easy to use API. With advanced features such as scripting, AI and a helpful dev team, Citizens will continue to expand to make your server even better! For more information and all the gory details, see the wiki documentation and links down below.
Bugs with the alpha 1.5 release? Try the dev builds for now. Make sure you are on the VERY LATEST DEV build of CraftBukkit and remember to make backups of Citizens data!
Disclaimer: Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server. These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
Current Version: 2.0.8 (alpha)
Authors: fullwall and aPunch
- Basic NPCs - right click messages, items, looking around, waypoints, and much more.
- Toggleable NPC characters with a full API - http://wiki.citizensnpcs.com/Characters
- Compatible with Essentials Eco, BOSEconomy, MultiCurrency, and iConomy 4, 5, & 6 through the use of the Vault plugin (required).
If you want to report a bug or request a feature, please file an issue here. Be sure to follow these guidelines before you file a ticket:
- Make sure the issue you are experiencing is not already posted in the "Known Caveats" section on the download page
- Make sure the issue is not already listed in the Issue Tracker section.
- Provide as much information as possible (Minecraft version, CraftBukkit version, Citizens version, and the version of any other plugin (if applicable)
- Make sure the Citizens Wiki doesn't already have information on your issue.
Upgrading to 2.0
- Convert your NPC files at http://citizensnpcs.com/converter
- Find new characters at http://wiki.citizensnpcs.com/Characters
- Use the wiki for any questions you may have at http://wiki.citizensnpcs.com
- Come to IRC on EsperNet #citizens for any questions you may have.
Yes, we know that this is a pretty major change. Yes, things may break. Yes, not all of the features from 1.2 are re-implemented. But, with the rewrite, new API and new features we hope to have a sustainable base for server owners and developers alike.
- Date created
- Aug 25, 2011
- Last update
- May 03, 2013
- Development stage
- Open Software License
- Curse link
- Recent files
- Optional dependency