Ever needed to remove certain blocks, or entire chunks from an area but the area is too laggy to even teleport into, or it even crashes your server? Then this is the plugin you need! It will remove certain type of blocks, or even entire chunks when they are being loaded by the server removing the source of lag before you lag. This tool is non-descriminate however and will remove what you tell it to with no going back! THERE IS NO UNDO!
Please note that this only removes lag caused by blocks or anything that the server can actually load, if the chunk is corrupted and is throwing errors in console then this plugin will not work! It is not a fix-all, just a very powerful tool to add to your collection to keep your server running smoothly.
- Removes certain blocks from chunks or entire chunks (turns them to air) while they are being loaded on the server
- Does not scrub chunks generated while scrubbing, making it easier to see when you've got to the edge of the generated chunks
- Kicks everyone from the server, except for the scrubber before you start to make sure no one else is loading chunks
- Puts the server into a maintenance mode where no one can join until after you are done scrubbing
- Permissions support
- /scrub - Scrubs all loading chunks to air or turns off scrubbing
- /scrub block1 block2 block3 - Scrubs blocks listed. Blocks are separated by a space.
How to Use
- Backup the world! (There is no undo!)
- Install the plugin in the server and restart
- Get as close as you can to the area without it actually loading and wait until all the chunks load that are around you that you don't want to remove.
- Make sure you are in creative mode and flying
- Do the command "/scrub" to remove entire chunks or "/scrub block1 block2 block3" to only remove certain blocks
- Fly towards the area where you want to scrub as you fly, the chunks being loaded by the server will be scrubbed clean!
- After you are done scrubbing do "/scrub" again to turn it off
- Recommended: Remove the plugin from the server to prevent catastrophes!
- chunkscrubber.scrub - Allows you to use all the commands
- chunkscrubber.scrubblocks - Allows you to just scrub a block list
- chunkscrubber.scruball - Allows you to scrub entire chunks to air
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- Modifying the View-Distance in the server.properties file to a smaller number will reduce the area of affect while removing chunks, allowing you to do removals in tight spaces.
- Make sure to backup your worlds before you use this. We are not responsible for any ruined worlds caused by this tool.
- 4 comments