This plugin will add a blood moon event to your server, each night has a configurable chance of a blood moon. During a blood mood the game is made a lot harder:
- Skeletons shoot faster.
- Skeletons shoot fire arrows (that start fires).
- Zombies spawn with weapons and armor.
- Mobs can break blocks when focused on a player.
- Hostile mobs have more health.
- Small chance of your sword taking massive damage with each strike.
- Creepers have much more powerful explosions (that cause fire).
- Any hostile mob killed has a small chance of coming back as a zombie (or other mob).
- A mob will spawn if you try to sleep.
- More mobs will spawn.
- Mobs will drop more XP when killed.
- Mobs will drop more items when killed
- Mobs will target players from further away
- Mobs will move faster
- Custom texture pack during a bloodmoon, the default one makes the moon red.
All of the features can be configured for each world. See the config section for more information.
Bug Reports / Suggestions
If you find a bug, encounter a problem or have a suggestion, please fill out a ticket via the Tickets link above. I do not have the time to read through the comments section, any comment that fits the previous three categories will be ignored.
- /bloodmoon start - Starts a bloodmoon event.
- /bloodmoon stop - Stops a current bloodmoon event.
- /bloodmoon next - Schedules a bloodmoon for the next night.
- bloodmoon.admin.start - Allows the player to manually start a bloodmoon
- bloodmoon.admin.stop - Allows the player to manually stop a bloodmoon
- bloodmoon.admin.ignore-world-lock - Allows the player to leave the world even if the bloodmoon is active and the lock-in-world feature is enabled
All of these default to OPs only.
Information relating to the config file for this plugin can be found on the config page.
Due to limitations of the Bukkit API, this plugin has to override certain methods from the Minecraft source. If any other plugin replaces the same things it will not be compatible with BloodMoon and weird stuff may happen ! You would still be able to use both plugins but you would need to disable the break-blocks option in the config file, even them some features of either plugin may not work properly.
Contributions to the project are very much welcome, if you have a feature that you want implemented and know a nice way to do it then consider forking the repo and submitting a pull request. These will be accepted as long as the following simple guidelines are followed.
- Do not edit the structure of the pom.xml file, feel free to add a dependency if you need it but the formatting and structure should not be changed.
- If you are exposing a new API method, add a JavaDoc comment to it, but don't over-comment internal code.
- Follow the existing code style, don't antagonise over every space though !
All dependencies that are used are now available from a public Maven repo, so you don't have to worry about building several other projects just to add a simple change any more.
Changes Since Last Release
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server. These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
- Date created
- Aug 28, 2011
- Last update
- Aug 04, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files