I am no longer interested in maintaining this project. If someone else wants to take it on I'll transfer it to them.
AnchoredPortals links the portal you used to enter the Nether to a portal in the Nether. If a player uses the linked portal to leave the Nether, they will arrive at the same portal in the Overworld they left from. This avoids the problem where a player takes a trip into the Nether from the portal at his house and finds himself in someone else's house when he returns.
- The portal you use to get to the nether will be the one you come out of the nether as long as you use the correct portal on the Nether side.
- Links are cleaned up after use, preserving memory and making it possible to move portals as usual.
- Does not alter the 8:1 ratio between the Nether and the Overworld (there is a plugin that does alter the ratio: WorldRatio)
- Retains the aspect of the Nether as "fast transportation" system, using an entirely different portal in the Nether WILL change your location in the Overworld.
Installation / Configuration
- No configuration necessary. Simply copy the AnchoredPortals.jar file to your plugins directory.
This plugin uses Hidendra's Plugin Metrics plugin. Which collects anonymous statistics that is helpful to plugin developers. You can see the stats collected at: Anchored Portals Statistics. I feel it is an important tool that every plugin and every server should use (see: Why Plugin Metrics). However, if you do not wish to be counted, you can set "opt-out" to true in the PluginMetrics plugin directory.
- 2 comments
- Date created
- Aug 05, 2013
- Last update
- May 30, 2014
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files