DBPassword v0.7 by Chausser
This plugin is meant to allow players on your server to setup a password and have it save to a MySQL database. This is my first ever java project as well as my first Bukkit Plugin. This plugin was largly inspired by Noneofyourbusiness and his Password plugin.
How I use this plugin: On my server (mcserver.nkings.com) all users that join the server are added to the users database with a random password. They have to set their password in game using this plugin before they can access the members section to the website.
The password function works like this: hash(salt+password);
If you do not want to use a salt for your passwords you just want to hash them you can just set the salt in the config file to: ""
- Fully Configurable Database connection info including:
- Host Address
- Host Port
- Database Name
- Database Table Name
- Database Username
- Database Password
- Ability to customize the column names for the table:
- As well as support for both many encryption types:
- All with an optional security salt(dynamically generated or pre defined)
- Download and copy the plugin jar to your plugins folder
- Start your server, this will build the default config file
- Stop your server, Update all config settings to your liking.
- Start your server again, and you should be good to go.
Upgrading From A Previous Version
- You will need to back up your config file and let the plugin generate a new one. The latest version has almost a complete reworking of the config file
- Once the plugin has generated the new config file and you have updated the settings you should be good to go again.
Optionally only allow users with a certain permission node to set/update their passwords
- /dbp set <password> - set your password
- /dbp update <password> - updates your password
- /dbp reload - reloads the configuration without the need to restart the server.
- Setting the column names in the config after the database table has been generated will not update the database table automatically. If you want to use this option you will need to update the table manually.
- v0.8 - Added the ability to customize the column names of the table.
- v0.7 - Added a lot of new features including, dynamic salt generating, the ability to save that salt to a defined field in the database. Tested for 1.2.3-R0.1 and 1.1-R6/7
- v0.6 - Updated for CB1.1-R4 - Added more hash types, cleaned up the sql statements, switch permissions to superperms only
- v0.5 - Updated for RB 1317 - Some major command restructuring. Hopefully fixed issue where passwords were not getting hashed correctly.
- v0.4 - Updated for RB 1240 - Added support for SuperPerms
- v0.3 - Changed the default config values so that they dont use the single and double quotes.
- v0.2 - Fixed the port issue. Added better permission support. Restructured the command a little bit. Added a reload command so you don't have to reboot the server to change settings
- v0.1 - Initial Release
- Date created
- Sep 14, 2011
- Last update
- Sep 25, 2012
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files